A total of seven people played Darth Vader throughout the 6 films.
1. James Earl Jones voiced Vader in Episodes III, IV, V and VI.
2. The man inside the Vader suit in the original trilogy is David Prowse, an actor and bodybuilder.
3. Stuntman Bob Anderson did most of Vader's stunts, including the lightsaber duels.
4. When Luke takes off the helmet in Return of the Jedi it's yet another actor named Sebastian Shaw.
5. When George Lucas re-released the original trilogy he shot some extra scenes with actor Andrew Nelson in the suit.
6. In Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace young Anakin Skywalker is played by Jake Lloyd.
7. And finally, actor Hayden Christensen plays Anakin Skywalker in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.